• In 2016 the European Commission approved and adopted the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a new framework for European data protection law. The GDPR is effective as of May 25, 2018, and applies to companies that process Personal Information of individuals in the EU. The GDPR strengthens the rights these individuals have regarding Personal Information relating to them, and seeks to unify data protection laws across Europe, regardless of where the data are processed.
• The GDPR is a new European data protection law which replaces the existing EU data protection regime under Directive 95/46/EC. The GDPR sets out provisions intended to harmonize data protection laws throughout the EU by applying a single data protection law that is binding throughout all Member States. The GDPR is effective as of May 25, 2018.
Our compliance to the GDPR applies to all services of Myota GmbH, that process the Personal Information of all our customers through services offered to them, regardless of whether they physically reside in the EU.
Myota GmbH (“Myota”, "We", “Us” and “Our”) is the Data Controller and remains fully committed to the protection of your privacy at all times. The information contained in this policy has been published to help you understand what cookies are, how Myota uses them on our hellomyota.com and shop.hellomyota.com website and the choices you have in regard to their use.
What are cookies, and what are they used for?
Cookies (or similar technologies) are text files, containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your browsing device (such as a computer or smartphone) when you visit a platform. Cookies can be recognised by the platform that downloaded them — or other platforms that use the same cookies. This helps platforms know if the browsing device has visited them before.
If you disable these cookies, you may be able to still browse the site, however you may not be able to make purchases or take advantage of other features. Please note that cookies are computer specific, so if you log on to any site from a different computer, the cookie settings on that computer will apply. For more information about cookies you can visit https://www.aboutcookies.org/.
What different types of cookies do we use?
- Necessary cookies - These cookies allow you to use the basic functionality of our website. They, for example, allow you to navigate our website, add items to a shopping bag and make a purchase.
- Analytics cookies - They allow us to measure and analyse how users navigate our website and respond to marketing campaigns. We also use this information to help improve our website, make our marketing more relevant and improve the user experience.
- Functionality cookies - They allow us to provide additional functionalities to the website, and will retain some settings information. Whilst not essential for the functionality of our site, they do enable extra features that should improve your shopping experience.
- Advertising cookies - We may use first-party or third party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our website or on third party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement. We may also use third parties to serve targeted advertisements to people similar to our customer base (e.g., by uploading a hashed customer list to Facebook Custom Audiences) or incorporating a pixel from the third-party on our Site. Even if you have disabled certain cookies, advertisements may still be displayed to you through these third-party channels.
How can you manage cookies from our website?
You can usually use the browser that you are viewing this platform through to enable, disable or delete cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings). Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of the platform and other parts of the platform may also not work properly.
Below are links to managing cookies and privacy in the most popular browsers:
Some third parties may use Advertising Cookies to help gather information about your browsing activity so that they can deliver platform advertising to you that is relevant to your interests. The advertising industries in the EU have developed schemes to help you opt-out of receiving cookies used for these purposes. You can find out more about the EU scheme from www.youronlinechoices.eu.
List of cookies
If at any time you are concerned or have questions about how we might be handling your data, please reach out to us at email@example.com